Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binocular
Need Some Advice? Speak to one of our gearheads
Combining excellent optical performance with ruggedness, portability, and comfort, the Diamondback 10x42 Binocular from Vortex Optics is ideal to take along on hiking trips, camping, traveling, or just in case. The optics feature improved transmission, contrast, and true color using fully multi-coated lenses and phase-corrected roof prisms. With the improved close focus of 6.7' you will get plenty of focusing range and a sharp focus on faraway scenery as well as close-ups of nearby street signs, monuments' details, or wildlife. The combination of 10x magnification and the 42mm objectives offers you a generous 63° angle of view that gives you complete images of targets.
The lightweight aluminum housing is purged with argon gas and sealed with o-rings to offer enhanced fogproof and waterproof performance. The short-hinge bridge is reduced in size, compared to previous generations of Diamondbacks, to cut overall weight and to expose more of the tubes' surface for easy holding. To ensure that you have a non-slip grip and tuning, the body, oversized focusing ring, diopter ring, and twist-up soft tapered eyecups have rubberized coverings. The focusing knob and the diopter ring also have knurling for easy use even with gloves on. Also included with the binocular are a carry case, neck strap, rain guard, and tethered objective caps.
- Optical Performance
- Roof prism design
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objectives provide bright images in most lighting conditions
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase transmission, clarity, and brightness
- Phase-corrected prisms improve true color, contrast, and transmission
- Wide apparent angle of view: 63°
- 330' linear field of view at 1000 yards
- 6.7' close focus distance
- Exit pupil: 4.2mm
- Eye Relief: 15mm
- Use and Handling
- Short-hinge bridge cuts weight and exposes more surface for handling
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 55-75mm
- Oversized knurled center focusing wheel
- Textured diopter ring on right eyepiece
- Twist-up soft tapered rubber eyecups
- Construction Details
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- Slip-resistant rubber armor exterior
- Waterpoof and fogproof: Argon-purged and o-ring sealed
Protect Your Purchase
Manufacturers’ warranties don’t cover everything and may only last for 90 days. Protect your valuable investment with an Accidental Damage Warranty.
Choose the warranty that’s best for your purchase and customize it to your needs. Products covered: Digital Cameras, Lenses, Video Cameras, Flashes and Lighting
3 & 5 Year Extended Warranty | Total Protection from:
+ Manufacturer Defects
+ Impact Damage
+ Sand/Grit Damage
+ Accidental and Unintentional Abuse
+ Mechanical Malfunctions
+ Normal & Abnormal Wear & Tear
Protection plans include standard coverage as well coverage for malfunctions due to accidental damage from handling (ADH). This includes malfunctions due to liquid damage that were the result of an accident. Call us today, if you have further questions.
Please note, this service contract must be purchased/registered within 30 days from the date the equipment is purchased. Once purchased, you will recieve an email with instruction on how to register your warranty.