Phottix Mitros+ Portrait Anywhere 1 Kit for Sony
Need Some Advice? Speak to one of our gearheads
The Mitros+ Portrait Anywhere 1 Kit for Sony was put together by Phottix as a wireless way to expand the TTL capabilities of your shoe mount flash by using it off-camera. The kit contains a Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash for Sony, an Odin II Trigger Transmitter for Sony, a flash shoe umbrella holder, 9' light stand, and a 40" white translucent shoot-through umbrella.
Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash for Sony Multi-Interface Shoe Cameras
The Phottix Mitros+ TTL Transceiver Flash features a built-in Odin transmitter and receiver as well as full ADI / P-TTL functionality for use with Sony Multi-Interface Shoe cameras. The Mitros+ has a guide number of 190' at ISO 100 in the 105mm position, useful for illuminating subjects within a zoom range of 24 to 105mm. Additionally, the flash features wireless transmission via an optical pulse or IR triggering and can access 4 channels and 3 groups.
This radio transmission and reception is compatible with Strato II transmitters in addition to full compatibility with the Odin-series wireless devices. Also, this Mitros+ has memory functions for saving up to three sets of flash and function information for quickly changing when needed.
The flash head has the ability to rotate 180° in each direction and tilt from -7° to +90°. This allows for excellent control over bounce angles during a shoot. Also, the Mitros+ features a recycle time from 0.1 to 5 seconds that can be improved to 2.5 seconds with a quick flash mode.
Additionally, this flash unit features full manual controls and customizable shooting options that include high-speed sync and stroboscopic shooting modes. The flash runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with an attachable diffuser for softening light when needed. Other accessories include a soft case, 3.5mm sync cable, USB cable, USB drive with manual,, and a flash stand. This model comes equipped with the Sony Multi-Interfrace Shoe and is not compatible with the older Sony/Minolta shoe.
- Radio transmission is compatible with Odin and Strato II wireless triggering systems up to 328' away
- Wireless functionality via optical pulses in 4 channels and 3 groups with a range of up to 52.5' indoors
- Ratio modes from 1:8 to 1:1 and 8:1 are available for firing multiple flash units
- A modeling flash setting is available for previewing how your shot will turn out
- High-speed synchronization allows you to fire using the fastest shutter speed available on your camera
- A bounce card and wide-angle diffuser are built into the flash head for convenience
- Stroboscopic mode fires a series of flashes at a frequency of 1-199 Hz for up to 100 flashes
- Status LED lights will notify you when the flash is ready to fire
- Overheating protection will slow the firing time to avoid damage from heat
- AF-assist light for focusing in poor lighting conditions
- Memory system for retaining your settings when the flash is powered off
- 3.5mm sync port for connecting this flash to a larger system
- USB port for installing firmware updates
Odin II TTL Flash Trigger Transmitter for Sony Multi Interface Shoe
Realize the full potential of your flash setup by adding wireless triggering and control with the Phottix Odin II TTL Flash Trigger Transmitter. Compatible with Sony's ADI / P-TTL flash system and equipped with a 2.4 GHz radio transmission system, the Odin II will communicate and trigger receivers or radio-capable flash units at distances up to 328'. To further benefit users, it can be used in a multi-system setup that involve Odin TTL, Strato, and Strato II receivers as well as Mitros+, Indra360, and Indra 500 lights. A major improvement over the previous model is an expansion of channels and the introduction of the Digital ID which gives further control over channels 5-32 to eliminate interference with other systems.
Embracing TTL communication between the camera and flash, automatic exposures can easily be made and more advanced users can take advantage of manual power and zoom control to dial in the exact look they need. Using the five groups, users can also control different groups and flashes with varying settings as well as mix and match TTL and manual units. All of this is easily accessed via the large LCD screen along with direct access buttons for the groups and a rotary dial for quickly adjusting settings.
Additional features include both high-speed sync for TTL flashes as well as the proprietary OverDrive Sync mode for manual studio strobes, both of which allow users to work at shutter speeds up to 1/8000 second. Also, users will be able to remotely control the modeling light of their Indra TTL strobes as well as use an AF assist light when needed. And, it has a mini-USB port for firmware updates. This model is directly compatible with Sony cameras using the Multi Interface Shoe. Cameras that use the older Auto-Lock Accessory Shoe can use an optional adapter to achieve compatibility.
- TTL information transmission is possible with Odin TTL receiver, Mitros+ flash, and Indra360/500 TTL lights while manual triggering is possible with Strato and Strato II receivers
- Ratio control in A:B mode from 8:1 to 1:8 in 1/2 step increments
- Manual power control from 1/1 to 1/128
- Ten custom functions
- LED indicator light
- Exposure compensation of ±3 EV in 1/3 step increments
- Modeling light function
- Locking foot
- Runs on two AA batteries
Varos Pro S Multi-Function Flash Shoe Umbrella Holder
The Varos Pro S Multi-Function Flash Shoe Umbrella Holder from Phottix is 300% stronger than previous versions and features an aluminum alloy body with a metal cold shoe as well as a 3/8" and 1/4" female threaded insert and a male insert with 3/8" and 1/4" screws. The holder's teardrop-shaped umbrella mount accepts shafts from 7 to 10 mm in diameter and is slanted 8 degrees to allow more light to hit the center of the umbrella. Its patented 180-degree tilting mechanism will support up to 55 lb (25 kg). The Varos Pro S has a hanging hole with a clip for use with a counterweight or other accessory.
- Aluminum alloy body with a metal cold shoe
- 3/8" and 1/4" female threaded insert and 3/8" and 1/4" male screws insert
- Teardrop-shaped umbrella mount which accepts umbrella's with 7-10 mm shafts
- 8-degree slanted umbrella mount that allows more light to hit the center of the umbrella.
- Redesigned patented locking mechanism to hold the top screw and bottom 3/8" and 1/4" female threaded insert securely with 300% more locking force, while keeping the umbrella shaft more secure and damage free
- Patented 180-degree tilting mechanism that will support up to 55 lb (25 kg)
- Locking features to hold bottom lugs secure until locking button is released
- Hanging hole with clip for use with a counterweight or other accessory
Air Cushioned Light Stand for Studio Flash or Light (9')
The Air Cushioned Light Stand from Phottix is designed for use with a studio flash or studio light. It can be extended up to 110" and can support up to 6.6 lb.
Para-Pro Shoot Through Umbrella (40")
Soften the light emitted from your strobes or speedlights with this 40" Para-Pro Shoot-Through Umbrella from Phottix . This shoot-through umbrella features white fibreglass spokes for cleaner reflections and catchlights on your subject. The umbrella can be used as a shoot-through; acting much like a softbox would, or it can be used to bounce light on your subject.
Protect Your Purchase
Manufacturers’ warranties don’t cover everything and may only last for 90 days. Protect your valuable investment with an Accidental Damage Warranty.
Choose the warranty that’s best for your purchase and customize it to your needs. Products covered: Digital Cameras, Lenses, Video Cameras, Flashes and Lighting
3 & 5 Year Extended Warranty | Total Protection from:
+ Manufacturer Defects
+ Impact Damage
+ Sand/Grit Damage
+ Accidental and Unintentional Abuse
+ Mechanical Malfunctions
+ Normal & Abnormal Wear & Tear
Protection plans include standard coverage as well coverage for malfunctions due to accidental damage from handling (ADH). This includes malfunctions due to liquid damage that were the result of an accident. Call us today, if you have further questions.
Please note, this service contract must be purchased/registered within 30 days from the date the equipment is purchased. Once purchased, you will recieve an email with instruction on how to register your warranty.